Sunday, May 15, 2016

I Remember When

I remember when the trees would dance
and the birds would sing
and all the old folks were just doin their thing
yeah life was rough but the times were good
reminiscin all the good vibes about the hood
like i know i should, man i miss my fam
momma's corn, mashed potatoes, and honey glazed ham
and lets not forget grams, she was the real OG
never was a smart alec she'd smack the sense outta me
im talkin til i saw pee, runnin down my pants
lookin like a fool doin the potty dance
and my uncle, you see
was makin good money
but could never help us out cause he was so stingy
with my clothes dingy
I grew up in the real struggle
steady on my grind tryin to find my hustle
everyday was difficult, a fight, a real tussle
would've never made it out without my mental muscle

I remember conning the cons and juking the junkies
they were sticky and icky and i didn't want the to touch me
cause thats when things got funky, i mean things got ugly
I mean uglier than prisoners playin a game of rugby
I got violent when needed, yo this junkie proceeded
crossed his face with a rake, it probably felt like he got cleated
when im angry im meaner
you know hulk, well im greener
didnt take haste to the case cause its only a misdemeanor
never broke any femurs, but ive broken some noses
and to all my homies ive given too many black roses
im debating on posting, this is a piece of the truth
about the strife and destruction that i went through in my youth
will i get through it? yeah! but it may take me a while
just know i stay optimistic and take on life with a smile



1 comment: